The Dark Rainbow Perdigon takes color and light refraction to a whole new level. It was originally designed by Dave McKenna to get down fast into deep pockets and undercut banks where little light penetrated. It has been performing equally in crystal clear riffles as it has in high run-off waters.
Guide Flies Signature Design Makes the difference
- The entire color spectrum is represented in the Dark Rainbow Perdigon. A black micro-halographic quill body contrasts with a rainbow of alternating colors
- A thin coating of Solarex UV resin acts like a magnifying glass over the quill body. It enhances the colors and light refraction in deeper water.
- A top coat of our signature Black/Blue Rainbow UV Resin adds a realistic wing bud and profile for fish that may be feeding on small mayfly nymphs.
- The Semperfli fluorescent orange thread creates a contrasting hot spot against the pink Umpqua Radiant Tungsten Slotted Tungsten Bead.
- A competition-style heavy wire, wide gap barbless jig hook ensures the Dark Rainbow rolls over rocks and snags and also provides rock-solid hook-ups.
Meet the Guanaja Fly Tyers Guild. They are the primary supplier and designers for Guide Flies and the inspiration to pass on the art of fly tying to this incredibleisland community.
It started by recognizing the natural fly tying talent that existed in the community of Guanaja. The guides and family members of the Fly Fish Guanaja staff had learned the basics of fly tying and made creative flies for technical permit and bonefish that were not easily fooled.
Over the the last three years they have worked hard to perfect their craft. What began as an experiment in the beach front cabana, has turned into one of the greatest small business opportunities for the Island of Guanaja.
The team of fly tyers that make the Guanaja Fly Tyers Guild is instructed and led by Dave McKenna. They work daily to make the custom tied flies you can purchase through our website. They are self managed and work with an entrepreneurial approach to their business of fly tying.
Through the challenges of passing hurricanes and the Covid-19 pandemic, they have persevered and worked with pride to make the flies we offer here.
We all thank you sincerely for the support and orders that have helped bring the entire team through the hardest parts of the past year. We are very excited to share our newest flies and designs with you!